IRS Online Account
An IRS online account is a great resource to help you prepare for filing your taxes. You can securely access and view IRS tax information anytime through your individual online account. Within your account you can see important information including:
- Adjusted gross income
- Economic Impact Payments
- Estimated tax payments
- The amount owed for any past years, updated for the current calendar day
- Payment history and any scheduled or pending payments
- Payment plan details
- Digital copies of select notices from the IRS
- Tax records using the Get Transcript feature
You will also be able to digitally sign certain authorization forms, such as a power of attorney, initiated by your tax professional.
To create an account:
- Select View Your Account on IRS.gov homepage.
- Select the Create or View Your Account button.
- Click Create Account.
- Pass Secure Access authentication. This is a rigorous process to verify the taxpayer’s identity. You must be able to authenticate your identity to continue.
- Create a profile.
Once the initial authentication process is complete, you can use the same username and password to access other IRS online services such as Get Transcript and Get An Identity Protection PIN.
All password-protected online IRS tools for taxpayers are protected by multi-factor authentication.