Caputa & Associates is a growing accounting firm in Des Plaines, IL that serves businesses and individuals mostly in IL, but we do have clients in other states and countries. We assist business owners with monthly bookkeeping, payroll, and sales tax reporting. We process returns for individuals, corporations, Scorps, and partnerships. Join our amazing team to provide our clients with PEACE OF MIND! Immediate job opening for intermediate bookkeeper & payroll clerk. PLEASE READ ENTIRE JOB POSTING AND ALL DETAILS. If you do not follow instructions completely, you will not be contacted for an interview!
Position available for INTERMEDIATE LEVEL BOOKKEEPER AND PAYROLL CLERK
Are you looking to ignite your passion to help people? Do you love to take chaos and create order? Does it bug you when something is misspelled or the spacing is off? Does learning new things and growing with a company excite you? Do you long to work hard, have a great attitude while having FUN? (No, that is not an oxymoron when describing an accounting office!) In so many ways, this is like no place you have ever worked!
Knowledge of Word, Excel, communicates well verbally and written format, is process oriented, takes initiative and offers solutions, replies to clients in 24 hours or less, humble, hungry, can easily pick up on social cues from others, focused on caring for people, must be super comfortable on the computer typing a minimum of 65 wpm, able to move quickly between programs and quickly learn new technologies, able to recognize priorities and meet deadlines, capable of multitasking many small tasks, good with people, vigilant about the details, and desires to be a part of something larger than themselves.
The software that we use includes: QuickBooks Desktop, Quickbooks Online, Accountant’s World Payroll Relief, Excel, Word, Qount (a cloud-based accounting practice management system), Calendly, Zoom, Remote Desktop, Bill.com and more!
The right person will:
- Knows and efficiently completes basic bookkeeping: setting up QBO, accepting transactions, reconciling, maintaining clean chart of accounts.
- Can enter bills, pay bills, create invoices, receive payments and sales receipts
- Understands credit and debits
- Knows the difference between P & L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Able to post JEs for interest and depreciation
- Has general knowledge of how some categories/expenses are taxed differently
- Has a strong knowledge of sales tax transactions, paying sales tax online and recording in QBO
- Feels comfortable using Zoom screen sharing technology
- Can review financial statements explaining what they mean (in English), giving insights to trends
- Setup and track 1099 vendors in QBO
- Has a basic knowledge of business entities and posts transactions appropriately
- Can post transactions to gross wages, payroll taxes and payroll expenses
- Able to reconcile payroll clearing and payroll tax liability accounts
- Knows not to delete or void transactions in a closed tax period
- Process payroll timely, being proactive with filing deadlines
- Schedule payroll taxes to be paid, alerting client of amounts
- Approve quarterly payroll reports timely
Interview process: We take our time in the interview process to not only make sure we communicate the job expectations but also to make sure the candidate is a right fit for our office culture.
Applying for the job: Don’t apply for the job if you are full of drama, can’t show up on time or wake up in the morning like Eeyore (grumpy). If you are a perfectionist at heart and find fulfillment to reassure people that might have fear, anxiety or frustration around money/taxes, then you might want to apply for the opportunity to join our team!
Please follow directions below if you want to be called for an interview! Don’t email your resume without answering the questions below in a cover letter – you will not be called for an interview…it’s a test to see if you can follow directions!
ONLY if you meet the above requirements, please apply:
1.Submit the form below with your information
2.The cover letter should include:
(a) Desired compensation
(b) Available start date
(c) Why the job is particularly of interest to you
(d) Why you would be the best candidate for the job